Sunday, June 27, 2010

Welcome Nan and Pop!


I've had to abort my weekly blogging since early June, because our internet service has been downgraded by the owner of our apartment (unbeknownst to us...seriously, could he get any more cheap?!) in preparation for our departure from Melbourne. We're now suffering with a dial-up speed connection....PAINFUL! I figured I would try to knock one entry off today while we are packing up - I can leave the computer on for the hours it will take to upload the pics and get some packing done in the meantime.

The Millers looking no worse for the wear after their 24 hour journey.

It's been a great couple of weeks since I wrote last. My parents arrived on Saturday, June 12 - a great birthday gift for me. We were again amazed that Georgia didn't miss a beat with them...no shyness at all and immediately held out her arms for them to hold her. I'm certain we have Skype to thank for this.

Brighton Beach Houses

We spent the first week showing them around St. Kilda and Melbourne. It was fun to re-visit some of the 'must do' places here for Scott and I, because it will be our last time doing these things, at least for 2010. We have visited the penguins at St. Kilda Pier, taken the token beach pics at the Brighton Beach bathing boxes, experienced the footy craze at the MCG (Collingwood vs. Melbourne), enjoyed the free city bus tour, created an Aussie menu (lamb as the main, ofcourse) and shopped for the ingredients at the Queen Victoria Market.

The Peach - now 8 months old, weighing in at a dainty 16 lbs, and FULL of action

On the days where we haven't been out and about, mom and dad have been soaking up their time with G (walks, park trips, swimming pool excursions, general spoiling/attention giving) allowing Scott and I some time to get things organized for our impending move and go on a few 'dates'. The Millers also enjoyed some day trips on their own to explore the surrounding areas: Great Ocean Road, shopping in the city, and march of the penguins on Phillip Island.

K and S at London Bridge on the Great Ocean Road

No comments:

Post a Comment