Friday, March 26, 2010

First Date Update

I've had several people ask me how my friendship first date went in Feb (see Feb's First Date post). I'm pretty sure the woman, though lovely and very helpful, is a recently retired stripper from Las Vegas. I think she thought I was pretty lame, especially when I told her I what I do for work. I also felt that we are travelling in very different fashion circles - I wasn't showing enough skin and have no idea where one would go to buy hoop earrings that size. So, I soaked up some good info from her about baby groups/health clinics etc., enjoyed a delicious chai latte, and then we amicably parted ways, both pretending we would be in touch with the other again soon. There have been no attempts by either party to make contact since then. You win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment